Mackinac Island is a wonderful place to visit. My last trip to this beautiful island was during the FUDGE FESTIVAL, so I ate for the first time in my life Mackinac Island Fudge and it was super delicious.
Today I decide to make my fudge in my own farmstead kitchen to enjoy myself.
To make it too,
you will need:
– 2 cups confectioners’ sugar.
– 1/2 cup whole milk.
– 1/2 cup cocoa powder.
– 1/2 cup packed brown sugar.
– 1/2 cup granulated sugar.
– 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter.
– 1 tablespoon vanilla extract.
– a pinch of salt.
– STEP 1- In a heavy pan, mix butter, whole milk, white and brown sugar, and the pinch of salt. Bring to a boil and stir constantly for 6 to 7 minutes.
– STEP 2- Remove from heat and let it cool for 3 minutes, then add vanilla extract, unsweetened cocoa powder, and confectioner’s sugar, beat with a hand electric mixer until smooth.
– STEP 3- Pour the batter into a buttered baking pan, wrap it in a plastic wrap.
– STEP 4- Place it in the freezer for 30 minutes or more.
– STEP 5- Cut into pieces to serve.